A well put together short introduction film thing for KMS. The sound design is so apt for what they are doing.
New album, Without You, is released in early November, and it features contributions from…check this – dBridge, Kode9 & The Spaceape, Cooly G, Green Gartside aka Scritti Polliti, Mala, Ras G & The African Space Program, Kuedo, Hype Williams, Dabrye, Flying Lotus. Is that enough for ya?
One of my favourite cuts from Kode9+The Spaceape’s debut album ‘Memories of the Furture’ is the synth-dagger bounce of ‘Time Patrol’. The production is supa-criss. Kode9 has just upped the dub version at Xlr8r for you and me. The only vocals that remain are “Do you wanna see what I see?” from Cha Cha. Heatin’ up the zone in anticipation of the new album ‘Black Sun’, next month. ‘Memories of the Future’ still gets a good rinsing around these parts, neh sound dated at all. Kode9 was recently on the Essential BB1 program, check his selection here before the link expires in five days. Download into your computer proper here.
Previous related post: The Spaceape speaks to Big Shot
- Gil Scott-Heron – NY is Killing Me – 1200 Squad Remix featuring Nas (XL)
- Amir Sulaiman – Spit
- G.A.F. – Alien Love (Foehn)
- Mighty Zulu Nation vs. King L Man
- Kode9 + The Spaceape – What I See (Hyperdub)
- King Cannibal featuring Daddy Freddy – Dirt (Ninja Tune)
- The Micronauts – The Jag / Speedy J Remix (Science)
- Drum Cunt – Bonnie Tyler/Snow White (Bunkland)
- Noisses – Crank Dat
- Jazzsteppa – Investment Decision (Studio Rockers)
- Dr. Strangeloop – Are We Lost Mammals (Brainfeeder)
- Indigenous Resistance featuring Deeder Zaman, The Ghost – Galdino 2010 / D.WattsRiot Remix (I.R.)
As usual this edition of Ear Conditioning is available via Sunhole Radio tonight at 22h00 Tenerife/London time.
Also repeated weekday mornings at 11h00.