Ear Con59 – Do Ya Think?
“Your radio problems have been solved…” LL Cool J
Transmission: Sunhole tonight at 22h00 GMT
eFM / The Magic Show – Saturday 16h-18h CET
- The Black Dog / Raxmus (Warp)
- Herbie Hancock / Rain Dance (CBS)
- Ghislain Poirier / Pou ki sa Dub featuring Nik Myo (Reboundir)
- Shabba Ranks / Where Does Slackness Come From (Sony)
- Lucy Pearl / Lucy Pearl Tells (Virgin)
- LL Cool J / I Can’t Live Without My Radio (Def Jam)
- Sensational / High Tech Issues (Wordsound)
- DJ Spinna / Rock (Rawkus)
- The Revolting Cocks / Do Ya Think I’m Sexy? (Devotion)
- Débruit / Medzé (Civil Music)
- Toy Selectah / Half Columbian Half Mexican Bandit (Mad Decent)
- Rage Against The Machine / Kick Out The Jams (Sony)
- Slugabed / Sweet Baby Electric (Ninja Tune)
- Lapalux / Time Spike Jamz (Pictures Music)
I finally got my mitts around Leila’s album, Blood, Looms and Blooms. It’s all in there, such detail to sound, incredible. It’s like Autechre, DeBussy, Sarte.
Gilles Peterson is back with the next chapter in the Havana Cultura series – a compilation of remixes transporting original Cuban grooves on ‘Gilles Peterson presents Havana Cultura: New Cuba Sound’ to the club domain. Louie Vega, 4hero, MJ Cole, Philippe Cohen-Solal from Gotan Project, Rainer Trueby, Carl Cox, and homegrown Cuban producers Edgaro and Wichy de Vedado all contribute. There’s a lavish 12″ featuring reworks by Michel Cleis and Seiji. Did someone say Seiji?
Kevin (The Bug/’King Midas Sound) Martin hit me on the head with a new Black Chow track. Black Chow is K-Mart and Hitomi, two-thirds of King Midas. Black Chow’s Air will surface on Soul Jazz I believe somewhat soonish. Black Chow has found space to operate between the two aforementioned projects in a manner that goes down well in this neighbourhood.
Also on the ‘air’ tip is Dabrye, and man introduced to me via K-Mart. This time Dabrye gets Doom involved and this track is riding on a Madlib remix. How cool is that?
One other major thing this week, Jneiro Jarel, drops in from Viberia to lay on the Android Love Mayhem EP courtesy of his Label Who imprint.
Rub those mittens.
Ear Conditioning – Transmission 16 / Air Particles – broadcasted via Sunhole dot net tonight at 22h00.
- Cuentacuentos Intro
- Leila / Mollie, Mollie (XL)
- Leila / Little Acorns (XL)
- Stacey Pullen / 40thstreetblack (Science/Virgin)
- LD / King of the Kong (Dub Police)
- Bebel Du Guetto / Beijo Na Boca
- Gilles Peterson Presents….Chekere son /Seiji Refix (Brownswood)
- Black Chow – Air (Soul Jazz)
- Jneiro Jarel / Gosohaurd (Label Who)
- Dabrye / Air featuring Doom – Madlib Remix
- Martyn / Brilliant Orange – Illum Sphere Remix (3024)
- Fulgeance / Haggis (Beat Dimensions)
- Oh No / Excalibur (Stones Throw)
- Moody Boyz / Nasty Rockers (Studio Rockers)
- 1 Speed Bike / Kandahar Porn Merchant Moustache Twitch
- Flying Lotus / Heat Wave 2
- Onra / Last Tango in Saigon
Flying Lotus again?! I’ll get over it. When? I don’t know, he’s just got me hard, and since I do the program primarily for the ears that reside in Tenerife, I am on a mission. They must know about the Brainfeeder. He’s really translated some of his dream-states into brilliant lucid musical pieces. I’m sure I’ll find another excuse to drop some of his stuff next week.
Also being served up via Generation Bass
, and Negrophonic
(come siempre) mi encontré nueves canciones como Les Princes de Kuduro y Aurita Castillo y su Conjunto
I can’t recall what made me dig out Underground Resistance and Rhythm is Rhythm…oh yeah, Flying Lotus….initially it was his TripBeat programming (not Trip Hop okay?) that had me thinking of Dilla, then I moved to get Madvillan off the shelf, then since I was in a Detroit frame of mind…..I can’t believe it’s twenty years and a bit since MayDay, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson and crew brought that sound to our attention.
We got some Calypso in this joint as well, courtesy of the Calypsoul compilation put together by the folks at Strut/K7!
There just isn’t time to listen to bollocks is there?
Ear Conditioning is ‘earable at the following locations on Tuesdays / Escucha todos martes
Radio Norte 89.4FM : Tenerife Zona Norte 20h30
Sunhole Radio: 22h00
Planet Radio: 21h00 Area Metropolitana (Santa Cruz y La Laguna) 99.0FM; Zona norte 88.5FM; Zona sur 99.3FM
For the live experience, I’ll be manning the 1’s and 2’s proxima viernes/ Friday 10th at Txola, La Laguna if yer in the area, but please don’t get in my face like that woman last time. She was a bit too appreciative, asking me to write down what was being played to which i have no problem, but in the end she wouldn’t let me get on with things and she had to be chucked out.