The title for this week’s transmission is the title of the new album from Mutamassik, which was released/unleashed yesterday. I may be wrong, I think you can download from her RoughAmerica website. Egyptian breaks, emphasis on breaks, stings, percussion, bells, audio snatches from the radio, tension, suspense, elements of Ennio Morricone, crunched beats, scratched fragments coming at you from left, right, and head-on. Mutamassik is on her own path, avoiding a path that has become somewhat well worn as of late.
The Gaslamp Killer is a big fan of the Finders Keepers label, hence when approached to do a mix with the first twenty releases of the label, it was pure joy. The catalogue is perfect for his psychotic/delic/out there pallet.
If your a fan of King Midas Sound, Dokkebi-Q may interest you, as both groups share the vocalist that is Hitomi. Dokkebi-Q is rough digital noise steppas business, well Goibbledygook anyway.
A personal situation has directed me to have The Bug and Wayne Lonesome’s Fuck Y-Self on rewind this past week. The opening salvo is perfect.
I must admit I had my head elsewhere when the first Wu Tang album dropped, although I did get onto several of the individual projects, and when time came for the second Wu album, I was already to step to the London concert that was planned around the release date. I think a work conference kept me away from the gig, but I didn’t miss anything as only a couple of the members showed up. Anyway, if you haven’t already, you must check the Wu Tang meets the Beatles mash up. No, it’s not as bad as it sounds, or rather looks like with words. The man who did this put time, thought and effort into it, and it ain’t no cheap bullshit thing. Using obscure Beatles material and cover versions, this is a project EMI would love to have done themselves. Available via free download at this spot You can read about it here And, while your at it, check the MF Doom stuff that TC remixed. It’s on the money. UPDATE: I guess due to the popularity of the Wu Tang / Beatles thing, Apple Corp. and / or EMI have got in touch, and it’s no logner available….well, not through Teasearecords.com
Filastine returns from a cleansing period to drop an EP of mixes from his Dirty Bomb release. Extra Dirty Bomb features Deep Throat X, Cardopusher, Jahcoozi, and Maga Bo among the cast of collaborators.
Ear Conditioning – Transmission 7 will be broadcast tonight on Sunhole Radio at 22h00, and then next week Tuesday 21h00 and Saturday 20h00 at Radio Norte 89.4FM
- James Blake – Air & Lack There Of (Hemlock)
- Dokkebi Q – Gobbledygook (DokkebiQ)
- Unknown Artist – Oh Mother, the Handsome Man Tortures Me (Sublime Frequencies)
- The Gaslamp Killer Mixes Finders Keepers – Tracks Three & Four (Finders Keepers)
- Filastine – No Lock, No Key featuring DJ Collage (Post World Industries)
- The Bug featuring Wayne Lonesome – Fuck Y-Self (Rephlex)
- RSD – Murderation
- Matty G – 50,000 Watts / Loefah Remix
- Zomby – Spliff Dub / Rustie Remix (Hyperdub)
- Ras G & The Afrikan Space Program – Dishwater
- ODB & Kelis – Got Your Money from Wu Tang vs. The Beatles (Tea Sea Records)
- Manusa – Black President
- Massive Attack – Paradise Circus featuring Hope Sandoval / Gui Boratto Remix (Virgin)
- Mutamassik – DounDoun/The Crux (Rough Americana)