Tune in for some FlyLo on the Morning Becomes Eclectic program hosted by Jason Bentley at KCRW. He drops two sets and talks about what went in, on, and through, to become the album Cosmogramma. He talks about his first foray into drum machines, toys, having belief and crazy life experiences.
Check out the LA Weekly spread from last week too for further insight – Daddy Kev, Dr. Strangeloop, Brainfeeder, The Low End Theory and a whole heap more, it’s all there.
- Gil Scott-Heron – NY is Killing Me – 1200 Squad Remix featuring Nas (XL)
- Amir Sulaiman – Spit
- G.A.F. – Alien Love (Foehn)
- Mighty Zulu Nation vs. King L Man
- Kode9 + The Spaceape – What I See (Hyperdub)
- King Cannibal featuring Daddy Freddy – Dirt (Ninja Tune)
- The Micronauts – The Jag / Speedy J Remix (Science)
- Drum Cunt – Bonnie Tyler/Snow White (Bunkland)
- Noisses – Crank Dat
- Jazzsteppa – Investment Decision (Studio Rockers)
- Dr. Strangeloop – Are We Lost Mammals (Brainfeeder)
- Indigenous Resistance featuring Deeder Zaman, The Ghost – Galdino 2010 / D.WattsRiot Remix (I.R.)
As usual this edition of Ear Conditioning is available via Sunhole Radio tonight at 22h00 Tenerife/London time.
Also repeated weekday mornings at 11h00.
This weeks program featues the seventeen minute opus from Dr. Strangeloop of the Brainfeeder camp; a teaser mix of the album from Sa Ra’s Shafiq Husayn; John Robinson, produced by IG Culture (other producers on his record include Flying Lotus, Jnero Jerel aka Dr. Who Dat?and J Rawls); Don Cash; Djanta Kan; DJ Food, and King Midas Sound.
On the King Midas tip, they’ve put together an exclusive mix for Fact Magazine, and it’s downloadable here. The tracklist features Gregory Issacs, Sade, Burial, Jacob Miller, AR Kane, Scritti Politti, Larry Heard, Japan, My Bloody Valentine and more…quite a selection eh?
KMS also have a new blog up and running, give the juice on what makes King Midas Sound, King Midas Sound.
There have been some changes to the “alternative programming” at Planet Radio, and I’ll be informed soon as to when all is go, however my program can still be ‘eard at Sunhole.net, tomorrow at 22h00 GMT and repeated weekday morning at 11h00 GMT